From:
lara anne taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:33:04 -0500
I certainly don't think that anyone is talking about money as the sole
reason to be in a profession, although I think it is overly idealistic to
think that salary plays no part in decisions or incentives to be a part of
a particular profession.  If that was true, then everyone would be a
volunteer.  I find it amazing the amount of money that swirls around
museums (art museums in particular) and the relatively small amount of
that money that supports the staff of those museums.  It is difficult, I
think, for most people to reconcile their passions with the desires for
things that require money (rent, food, paying for eduction, etc.)  Loving
your job and having a passion for what you do doesn't always pay for those
things.