From:
Will Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:21:49 -0400
I have a D70s 6mp as a personal camera and I love it. The current model
is the D80 and it's a 10mp camera. It is universally regarded as a great
camera, but it's a little pricey and does a lot that we don't really
need for digitizing collections. The D40x is a comparable camera if you
are primarily digitizing collections. Whatever body you choose, I highly
recommend an external flash and a good quality 50mm fixed length lens,
instead of the kit 18-55mm or 18-70mm lens. Also, a good tripod or copy
stand. I've tried cutting corners on digitizing collections in the past
and had nothing but heartbreak from doing it.

Hope this helps!
-----WILL

Will Roberts

Exhibitions Preparator

Culture & Heritage Museums

(803)329-2121 Ext. 118

www.chmuseums.org

The Culture & Heritage Museums (CHM) is a linked system of cultural
facilities that includes Historic Brattonsville, the McCelvey Center,
the Museum of York County and the planned Museum of Life and the
Environment. The CHM's mission is to create an enlightened and engaged
citizenry by keeping, communicating and connecting our cultural,
historical and natural heritage in ways that promote deeper
understanding of people and place.

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to read, retain, copy, disclose, or distribute this
communication or its contents. Please notify the sender immediately via
email and delete this communication and all copies. The company accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.