From:
Christopher Hopp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:39:14 -0400
At Cranbrook Institute of Science we are in the process of expanding and
renovating our current facility.  As a part of this new beginning, we
are evaluating our current educational program offerings and their
support processes.  We are asking our colleagues at other organizations
to take a few moments to complete the survey questions below.  Thank you
for your time and assistance.

(A version of this survey has already appeared on the ISEN-ASTC list.)

Please e-mail or *forward* responses directly to me.
Since I am not a subscriber to museum-l, please do not reply to the
list (you'll also help to save bandwidth).

General Info
============

1)  Name of organization:

2)  Your title:

3)  City:

4)  State:

5)  Country:

6)  Phone/fax #:

7)  E-mail address

8)  Total annual in-museum attendance:

9)  Attendance in-museum from groups:

                      general public:

10)  Outreach attendance (optional):

11)  Cost of admission:

              General public          Group
              ==============          =====
Adult:        $                       $
Student:      $                       $
Senior:       $                       $

Program Delivery
================

12)  Number of staff in education department:

_____  full time      _____  part time

13)  Type of programs delivered to visitors (place "X" in as many as
     apply):

Group visits                        Public visits ============
=============
[ ] Demonstrations                  [ ] Demonstrations
[ ] Theater                         [ ] Theater
[ ] Inquiry-based activities        [ ] Inquiry-based activities
[ ] Touch carts                     [ ] Touch carts
[ ] Guided tours                    [ ] Guided tours
[ ] Instructor-led programs         [ ] Instructor-led programs
[ ] Lab activities                  [ ] Lab activities
[ ] Lectures                        [ ] Lectures
[ ] "Scavenger hunt" sheets         [ ] "Scavenger hunt" sheets
[ ] Other (please specify)          [ ] Other (please specify)
    ______________________              ______________________

14)  Where do you conduct educational programs?  (Place "X" in as many
     as apply.)

Group visits                        Public visits ============
=============
[ ] Exhibit halls                   [ ] Exhibit halls
[ ] Auditorium/theater              [ ] Auditorium/theater
[ ] Classrooms                      [ ] Classrooms
[ ] Around specific exhibits        [ ] Around specific exhibits
[ ] Demo areas                      [ ] Demo areas
[ ] Nature Center                   [ ] Nature Center
[ ] Other (please specify)          [ ] Other (please specify)
    ______________________              ______________________

15)  If you are interested in receiving a copy of the results of this
     survey, please check the format in which you would like them
     delivered:

[ ] E-mail -- please supply your address:
[ ] Fax -- please supply your number:  (   ) ___-____

Unless otherwise extended, the deadline for responses will be
Sept 15, 1997, so please don't delay.  You may fax responses to
(248) 645-3050 or simply e-mail a reply directly to

Thank you for your participation.

Christopher Hopp
Exhibit and Program Evaluator
Cranbrook Institute of Science