From:
Wade Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:57:46 -0400
Hello all,

Sorry to bother the list for a personal, non-museum question (and
please reply off-list so we don't flood Museum-L with off-topic
chatter), but I need some advice from the textile/costume experts out
there. In the past month or so, I have discovered small holes in
several suits/sport coats, slacks, and sweaters in my closet. I assume
that these were caused by moths or some other insects, as all the
damaged items are wool. What should I do to prevent this from
continuing? Do I need to fumigate the closet to rid the other clothes
of possible infestation? I don't know of any reliable source of
information on the matter, so I thought I would turn to "the list."
Thanks.

Wade
--
Wade Lawrence
Assistant Director, Drayton Hall

Join Friends of Drayton Hall for free admission, museum shop discounts,
Preservation magazine, and more — and you’ll help preserve America’s
finest Georgian-Palladian building. Join or renew online at
http://www.draytonhall.org/membership or shop online at
http://www.draytonhall.org/shop .