From:
Maggie Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:04:28 -0700
Robert Frame <[log in to unmask]> responded to a bit of spam that
enjoined those not interested:

>If you are not interested in better Internet Service, please disregard
>this message.  If you want to be removed from our mailing list, send
>the word 'Remove' in the subject field.

A word of advice? *Don't* You won't be removed from the mailing list. You
will in fact have your e-mail address sold to countless other spammers
as being a "guaranteed valid" e-mail address. All that replying does
is confirm that the address is a good one, and therefore saleable.

I've been suckered by this trick myself.
(Mr. Frame's safe, though, since he responded to the list rather than
the spammer's address)

Regards,

Maggie Young
Senior Coder/SMASCH Project