From:
Amr Hamdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:52:21 +0300
Dear all,

My name is Amr Hamdy and I work for the Regional Information Technology and
Software Engineering Center (RITSEC) in Egypt. We are organizing in
cooperation with the European Commission a regional workshop on "Multimedia
Access to Euro-Med Cultural Heritage - Towards the Euro-Med Information
Society" in Cairo on April 27th-29th, 1998.

The workshop aims at integrating cultural institutes and information
technology firms of the countries of North Africa and the Middle East to
the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) established by the European
Commission with the purpose of identifying means and possibilities of
building the Euro-Med information society. The workshop shall discuss the
strategic opportunities facing the region in the field of promoting
cultural heritage as a means of competitive element for national
development, and will explore the means and possibilities of initiating and
supporting regional cooperation projects within the framework of existing
partnership programs.

An Exhibition will be organized by leading local and international
inforamtion Technology and  multimedia firms to demonstrate new
technologies and available applications in the area of cultural heritage.

For more information kindly consult the workshop web site
(http://www.cultureware.ritsec.com.eg/culture98)

Kind regards
Amr Hamdy
Tel: +(202) 339 1379