From:
"O'Dell, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 10:53:21 -0400
Hello all,

The American Academy of the History of Dentistry is conducting a survey
of all museums, libraries, special collections, archives and other
similar organizations to identify, locate and learn more about dental
history collections.  I am co-chair of the committee to create a
Directory of History of Dentistry Collections.  Andrea Matlak, Archivist
of the American Dental Association Library, helped to organize this
effort for the AAHD. Zoe Piel, Executive Assistant for the AAHD, is the
staff member working behind the scenes to support this project.   Here
is the URL to get started with your entry.  Please ignore the April
deadline indicated on the form.  We are extending the survey until we
are satisfied we've reached most institutions.

Whether you represent a broad subject organization with a small quantity
of historical dental collections or an institution that specializes in
dentistry, we hope you will complete the 2-page survey form.  It should
only take about 20 minutes.  We encourage participation from all
including international organizations.  You need not be an AAHD member
institution to participate.

As a reminder, the purpose of the survey and subsequent directory is:

*	to provide a guide for scholars and interested individuals
wishing to study the history of dentistry

*	to generate interest in this field and stimulate new research

The data will help us create an on-line database and directory to be
published in the Journal of the History of Dentistry and the AAHD
website.

Thank you very much.  Please forward this announcement to ANY collection
manager who may have holdings related to dentistry.

Should you have any technical issues related to the form please contact:
Zoe Piel, [log in to unmask]

Shannon O'Dell, Curator
Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry
G565 Dental Building