From:
"David L. Mishkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:55:14 -0500
Cindy,
Sorry to deviate from this subject, but scanning glass plate
negatives onto any medium is not the way to preserve them.
Archivally processed B&W copy negatives are the best way to
preserve them.
David

=======

=======
> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain
> detailed information about the listserv commands by sending
> a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] .
> The body of the message should read "help" (without the
> quotes).
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line
> e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of
> the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the
> quotes).

David L. Mishkin - Consultant
Providing lectures and workshops on Photographic Preservation,
Document Preservation and Modern Imaging Methods.
[log in to unmask]   (207)-233-3055