From:
Dennis Kois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:06:38 -0400
As Beth Petriello said yesterday:

>"You should also be careful about the tone you take when dismissing job
>vacancies posted here - the participants of this list may be in a position
>to hire you some day."

I just thought I'd point out that when I am considering a candidate for a
position, I always search the Museum-L archive for their email address to see
what, if anything, they've posted in the last year or two. I know several
other people at my institution do this as well.

Of course, the vast majority of these searches turn up nothing, as the vast
majority of museum folk don't post to museum-L. But if it turned up the kinds
of unprofessional comments that some posted in response to yesterdays job
listing, I would think twice about hiring that individual.

Everyone is entitled to opine and critique as they wish- but do it in a
professional manner. This is a very public forum and you never know when
something you said without a second thought could come back to bite you in
the rear.

Dennis Kois
Assistant Manager of Design
The Metropolitan Museum of Art