From:
David Salmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:43:56 +0000
Has anyone considered what an online "community curator" may achieve?

I am currently preparing a thesis on online museums and user-generated
content, and I believe that there are many issues which user-generated
content may throw up. So far this fascinating thread has shown many
arguments for and against "community curators" and their roles within a
traditional, offline museum. Do people have any
fears/experiences/suggestions on how an musuem website may deal with the
authenticity and authority of user-generated content, and how a public's
perception of the museum may change?

Feel free to mail me directly.

Thanks,

David Salmon.