From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:01:00 PDT
In the March edition of "Social Education", March 1996, Vol. 60, No. 3,
it has a few articles, I believe dealing with your concern.

1.  "To Touch, To Feel, To See: Artifacts Inquiry in the Social Studies
Classroom," by Sheery L. Field, etc.  pp. 141- 143.  Has good references!
2.  "Using Schema Theory to Teach American History," Mac Duies, pp. 144-
146.
3.  "What U.S. Political History Reveals for Social Studies Education,"
Randy K. Mills, pp. 159-161/
4.  "Problem of Bias in History Textbooks," Michael H. Romanowksi.
5.  "The U.S. Civil War on the World Wide Web"  C. Frederick Risinger.

I suggest go into your search engines in the web, ask for "history"
"history, education," "Social Studies" -- there are great Webs sites
on history.  If you cannot find them, get back to me and I'll check
my files.  For example, http://www.csun.edu/~hcedu013 --- is for
developing Social Studies Lesson plans and resources.  http://execpc.
com/~dboals/k-12.ntml is for k-12 Soruces: Curriculum and Lesson Plans.

I hope this is of help.

John Martinson
Fort Walla Walla Museum