From:
Antony F Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:07:52 +-100
When faced with a detective problem like this it is always worth trying a search engine like Alta Vista, <www.altavista.com>, making sure that you surround the name with quotation marks thus "Karl Bohrmann". In this case you will find about 25 pages mainly in German which may relate to the person in question. Cut and paste the following code to see what happens:

http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&kl=XX&stype=stext&q=%22Karl+Bohrmann&search.x=22&search.y=8

You will find in this case that the references will be mainly in German, but Alta Vista has access to a translation engine called Babelweb and if you click <translate> against any particular reference it will be translated into passable English.

Other search engines like Hotbot < http://www.hotbot.com > are good if you have a number of key words or phrases that may distinguish one possible candidate from another.

Antony Anderson
http://museum-security.org/denney
http://www.pipemedia.net/ial