From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:51:47 -0800
On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Jim Gilmore wrote:

> On a more promising note, Nash Editions in southern California (yes, that's
> Graham Nash of CSN&Y fame) has developed ways of making Iris prints last up
> to 20 years; I don't know what the treatment entails, but if it can approach
> B&W silver print stability in a color technology, I'm pay the high price
> gladly.

I have read some articles on their research. They have been developing
new inks for the Iris printer that are more stable than the commercially
available inks. They have also modified the paper transport so that a
great variety of materials can be used in the printer.

Susan Wageman
Grants Manager                    [log in to unmask]
The Tech Museum of Innovation     (408) 279-7178
145 West San Carlos Street        fax (408) 279-7149
San Jose, CA  95113  USA          http://www.thetech.org