Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 01:10:38 -0400
The item below reminded me of another project that I have not seen but I
heard about at a panel discussion.  Unfortunately I cannot remember the
woman's name, (Cynthia something?--I'm sorry!) but she was a sculptor
who lives in Providence, Rhode Island, and started an ad hoc outdoor
sculpture show that caught on and has become an ongoing project.  I
think she runs a gallery at Brown University.  Perhaps someone else on
the list knows the details, or you could try posting to ACUMGN-L (Assoc.
of College and University Museums and Galleries, New England listserv).

The Artscape festival in Baltimore also has outdoor sculpture every
year.  The festival itself is organized by the Mayor's Committee on Art
and Culture but the exhibitions are usually selected by artist-curators.
The contact person is Gary Kachadourian (410) 396-4575.

--Helen Glazer
Exhibitions Director
Goucher College
Baltimore, MD USA

Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
Michael Dunbar, artist in Chicago, has organized an outdoor sculpture
show that surround the EXPO at the Chicago Navy Pier.  In the last three
or four years it has grown from 4 pieces to nearly 200.