Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 21:18:06 -0600
Hello-

        I current serve on the board of directors of a local historical society
which administers a smaller historical museum.  We are considering "going in"
with another museum society to newer grounds but are unsure where to begin.
Both groups would like to preserve some autonomy (e.g. separate boards of
directors and exhibit areas) yet be able to consolidate and share some
expenses (e.g. bathrooms, library, gift shop, etc.).  Can anyone recommend
some sources of information on how to begin planning such a "wedding" of two
separate entities into one site?  I'm sure this sort of thing has been done
many times before and we would appreciate any words of wisdom from those who
have gone through the process.

Many thanks

Colin Croft