From:
Sara Witter Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 09:27:20 -0600
Dear Rich,

Yes, Camp Five Museum Foundation is a museum and natural resource complex. I
am a science teacher with earth science and environmental science. I am just
completing a conservation - science - economics curriculum accompanied by a
video. There are ten lesson plans on environmental issues, many of which
require the students to go outside their own region and on Internet. I am
interested in your friends request for contact because one of the lessons
encourages this also. The lessons are on: 3 on multiple-use sustained yield
land management, global warming, birds, tropical deforestation, ozone,
biodiversity, endangered species, and public versus private ownership. The
video - "Forests For All; The Economics of Conservation" includes Dr. Bowyer
from the University of Minnesota Forest Products School, Dr. Guries from the
University of Wisconsin Forestry School, and a former US Forest Service
District head. I am working with the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Curriculum and Education Department, as well. Training seminars are this
spring and it will be implemented this coming fall. We have the backing of
some private foundations and are working with other groups, too for support.
If you would be interested in this, let me know.

Sara W. Connor
Director of Development and Education
Camp Five Museum Foundation

Also, have you heard about "Science Cap"? It is a science curriculum
developed in Madison.