From:
Teri Knoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:40:27 -0800
Barbara:
According to a 1998 survey we did here in California, " A signficant
majority of 86% use computers, but only 63% have internet access.  Fewer
still, 16% have interactive multimedia for public use; and 23% have LAN
(local area network).  This means that 37% of museums either do not use
computers, or do not have internet access."

I hope this is helpful -- mindful that this information was gathered in
1998.

Teri Knoll
Executive Director
California Association of Museums