From:
"Robert D. Blough" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:02:33 -0500
Quoting Daphne Holmes <[log in to unmask]>:

> We have 1 security person who is part of our perm. staff the others are p/t
> contract through a security agency to eliminate benefits, etc.  You might
> look into that.
>
> Daphne Holmes
> Curator of Education
> Louise Wells Cameron Art Museum
> 3201 S. 17th Street
> Wilmington, NC 28412
> P: 910-395-5999 ext. 1007

Having worked both as employee and supervisor with a Security department at a
major arena, I can state with certainty this may indeed save you money in the
short run.  However, you get what you pay for, and if you are located in a high
risk/high crime area you may want to re-verify your priorities.

If your building(s) are secure, alarmed, well lit, and in a reasonably high
visibility area local police may be sufficient for overnight protection.  It is
always wise to meet some of the PD and let them know who you are and your
concerns, they are usually going to respond favorably...they can check on it
occassionally during the night.  This may allow you to chop your security costs
and still sleep at night!

Robert Blough