From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 07:49:48 -0800
On Thu, 15 Feb 1996 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I have experienced two different reactions at my
> institution: the museum curator wants hygrothermographs; the
> archivist, who must store not only paper but things made of cloth,
> plastic, wood, etc., and who in fact still uses hygrothermographs,
> wants to switch to data loggers. The temperature/humidity tolerances
> that both have to monitor are not wildly different. I am therefore
> mystified. Is this an ideological issue?

Perhaps it is a financial issue.  Many museums invested significant $$ in
hygrothermographs before computers were readily available.  To change now
will require a certain investment, which your curator may rather spend on
something else.

Susan Wageman
Grants Manager                    [log in to unmask]
The Tech Museum of Innovation     (408) 279-7178
145 West San Carlos Street        fax (408) 279-7149
San Jose, CA  95113  USA          http://www.thetech.org