From:
Christopher Dill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 12:38:02 -0600
Sorry this is late, I've been out of town.

A week ago it was postulated:

"...My prediction:  the number of people employed in museums will continue to grow over the next decade but the number of museums may shrink..."

I'd respond that perhaps large museums may shrink in number, but those of us in rural and small town areas can testify that there's always someone asking "How do I start a museum to commemorate X."  Small town, local museums continue to spring up like mushrooms in the American west and mid-west in my experience.  These folks are concerned about preserving what they can, not about who's going to pay for it.  And some of them have very nice museums, too.

Chris Dill