From:
Maggie Harrer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:51:45 EDT
October 11, 2001
Dear Friends,
On this day of memory, WWC wanted to reach out to all of you and share a
mutual concern and mutual support for all who suffered from the terriorist
attack, and for those who continue to suffer personally, emotionally and
professionally.  This has been a terrible time but also a reassuring time in
which we are able to see and appreciate the strength of this great country
and its people.

Last week WWC received a letter from Richard Moe, President of the National
Trust for Historic Preservation, in which he said:
"In times like these, people look for reassurance to the continuity provided
by both national and community landmarks that represent our collective
heritage, and we are, of course, in the business of preserving those
landmarks.  In short, our work is more important than ever."

WWC feels that that represents why we must go on and increase our efforts.
WWC, its members and friends, are in the process of saving a National
Treasure.  The Historic Hackensack Water Co. site not only represents an
important part of our past, but, very significantly, will point the way to
our collective future in water and land use, technology, and sustainable
development.  Our mission is even more important in these troubled times.
To all who are working to strengthen, preserve and continue our great history
-Take heart, be not afraid, and never falter.
All the best,
Maggie Harrer, President
and The Board of Directors of WWC, Inc.:
Dr. Charles Lawrence, First Vice President
Jeffrey Wells, Second Vice President
Dr. Stephen Boswell, Treasurer
Anthony Vouvalides, Secretary
Susan Koblin Schear, Corresponding Secretary
Alan Ashkinaze, Esq.
Robert A. Briant, Sr.
Maureen Cameron
James F Foley, Esq.