From:
"Creel, Wesley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:59:32 -0600
Good Afternoon Jennifer,
Here's my 2 cents on bee hive exhibits....
1.)  Work with a local bee-keeper.  A bee-keeper will be able to
evaluate your observational hive's plans and hopefully will take
care/maintain of your hive.  Some observational hives are available for
sale on the internet.
2.)  Bee (sic) sure that the tube for the bees to get from the hive to
the outdoors is as short as possible. Bees don't like to travel too far
on foot (I am not making this up). This means you will need to locate
the observational hive against an exterior wall (if the hive is an
indoor exhibit).
Best Wishes for Success,
Wesley