From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:52:51 -0400
You need to consult with the laws and ethics in your area and at your
institution. Many civil servants are prevented by law from running
for any political office at any level. I know I could be fired for
such a thing and I have heard of teachers losing their jobs for
running for some minor local offices.

It changes from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and job to job of course.

This would go double if the library and historical society do any
type of business together, whether money changes hands or not.

Ask your boss or board, but I wouldn't do it.

Just my 2 cents.

Matthew White