From:
JBQUILTOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 22:13:50 EDT
QHL list server had a message recently that you were considering a project to
centralize data from Quilt Heritage Days from several states into a format
accessible online.  I think this is a wonderful idea, provided the privacy of
the quilt owners can be protected.

I am a member of the guild that did Oklahoma's heritage project.  The
committee is still in the process of trying to build a database from the
information gathered.  I have not had a opportunity to speak with the people
directly involved to find out if making the data available is something they
would be willing to pursue.  The current plan is to  present the computerized
system to the State Historic society, where access would be limited to those
who knew it was there & had time during the normal work week to access it.

I hope that you procede with this project.

Janet Bronston