From:
Cait McQuade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:46:06 -0800
Nicole,

I find Filemaker more flexible and easier to use than
Access. I've frequently moved data in and out of
Filemaker via Excel with no loss or corruption.
Sometimes I've had to try it a couple times and make
adjustments in my process to get it right. As I'm sure
you know, you should make a copy of your data before
each step in the process.

I don't know if one or the other product is better for
the number of records you've got.

If you'd like some specific advice about
import/export, contact me off-list--I'm happy to help!

Here are some discussions about the relative merits of
FM and Access:
www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/FileMaker/Q_20738929.html
www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/MS_Access/Q_20737317.html

Good luck!