From:
Peter Rebernik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:23:04 +0200
Dear Roger Wulff,

I refrained joining the list, since I am very busy these days with the war
in Kosovo, since I work in Makedonija for the European Union on cultural
development. And mails about that area are going into hundreds a day.

But, I do have to answer from Vienna, Austria, this time. I also do advise
museums or assist in creating new ones, since I was a museum director of a
technology museum and of an art museum.

I do think, it would be more wise to break down the cost of a museum study
in stead of stating, it will cost US $ 100.000 or less. There are do
different needs that this figure might give a wrong impression.

One Austrian museum director asked for my assistance with the words:
"Currently, our museum is doing very well, no major problems seem to lurk
around, we have a lot of visitors, a nice collection etc. But I do want to
think anti-cyclically: At such a nice moment, we should revise and think
about the future and not wait for possible automatic and unnoticed
deterioration." And out came just a professional study in cooperation with
interviews with the employees, assessing the galleries with designers and
historians etc. on how to change the objectives, how to go to newer horizons
etc. And this study was done with "just" US $ 10.000,-. Nobody from the
inside could have done it; they needed someone with practical experience
from the outside. And it helped.

Greetings from spring-time Vienna,

Peter, the studious Rebernik

 | PHAROS International - Bureau for Cultural Projects
 | Peter Rebernik, Dipl.-Ing.
 | Anton Baumgartner-Str. 44/C2/3/2
 | A - 1230 Wien / AUSTRIA
 | Tel.:  (+43 1) 667 7375
 | Fax:  (+43 1) 667 2984
 | Mobiltel.: (+43 664) 230 2767
 | Email: [log in to unmask] / Web: www.rebernik.at
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.