From:
Richard Fields <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:45:53 -0500
Hello List,
        I have a question on groundskeeping, and since mowing,
gardening, and
equipment repair didn't come up in my college days, I thought I'd ask
for your help.  I have several sets of archaeological remains (Stone
building foundations) that are overgrown with weeds.  I was planning on
using Round Up to kill the vegatation, and when I get a maintenance
person, (the position has been vacant since Feb) have that person make
sure the ruins don't become overgrown again.  So my question is this,
Does anyone know if Round Up or like products cause lasting damage to
stone foundations?  I know line trimmers do damage structures, and so am
in a bit of a quandry as how to keep the remains visible, without
damaging them.  Thanks for the help.
--
Richard A Fields
Director, Fort Gibson Historic Site