From:
Leslie Munro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:51:48 -0800
You have already received a good reference to Harry Needham at the
Canadian War Museum.

Although less lively, a good museum directory that lists museums by
subject area as well at geographically will give you good results. Off
the top of my head I suggest "Museums of the World, 5th ed.", the AAM
Directory of Museums and the directory published by the British Museums
Association which "just" came out.

You should also check out the Journal of International Heritage Studies
special issue on "thanatourism" which includes memorials as well as war
museums and sites of assasinations.

Bonnes chances,