From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:16:33 -0700
On 4/8/04 7:58 AM, Wesley Creel's electrons arrived as:

> Good Morning Stephen,
> "Man's fallen nature" is an important theme of Christianity's
> Weltanschauung as revealed in the Bible (e.g. Adam's sin in the Bood of
> Genesis).  This dogma is also presented in the 39 Articles of Religion
> found in the Anglican Book of Common Prayer.  Please see....
> http://www.episcopalian.org/efac/39articles/39art.htm
> The dogma of "man's fallen nature" explains a lot on how Christians view
> themselves and others in the world and their relationship with God.
> Thanks for asking......especially during this time of the year.
> Best Wishes for a beautiful springtime,
> Wesley
> P.S. As you can guess, when I am not working as a museum administrator, I
> teach an Adult Bible Study class on Sundays.

Hi, Wesley -

Thanks for the explanation.  I realized "man's fallen nature" is a Christian
theme -- sorry for appearing coy.  My question was more rhetorical,
wondering about how such a view can bias otherwise well-reasoned discussions
and lead us back into the dark ages :-).

But, I realize museum-l is not the appropriate place for such threads.  I
help administer a longstanding forum that is, called F.A.C.T.S. -- the Forum
for Active Critical Thinking and Skepticism, at http://www.factsforum.org .
We're always ready to mix it up with intelligent folk on such topics, and
would be happy to take the pressure off museum-l.

Best,
/stephen