Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:25:59 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking a Senior Collections Manager/Registrar for our client with
an important private and corporate collection.  Please let me know if you
know of anyone who might be interested in this exciting position.

All best,

Geri Thomas
____________

For our client with an important private and corporate collection, we are
seeking a Senior Collections Manager/Registrar. The successful applicant
will manage all aspects of an extensive collection of fine and decorative
arts ranging primarily from 18th century through contemporary and located
in numerous corporate offices, private dwellings and storage facilities in
the US and abroad.  The Collections Manager will serve as a public contact
for the collection and as the primary liaison for all inquiries from
museums, scholars and guests. Duties include the following: maintain
inventory of the collection; research all pieces in terms of history,
value and provenance; create and update condition reports as necessary;
accession all incoming pieces; oversee all storage-related issues,
including packing, shipping and on and off-site storage facilities;
coordinate and oversee installations in a variety of locations; and
supervise an Assistant Collections Manager and art handlers as necessary.
This position works closely with the client’s controller and accounting
staff regarding financial information, reporting and costs. The ideal
applicant will have 6-8 years experience as a senior-level registrar or
collections manager, preferably with a major corporate or private
collection.  BA in art history essential; previous experience with both
fine and decorative arts strongly preferred. Ability to travel desired.
French a plus. Superlative interpersonal, communications, and
organizational abilities, as well as a corporate presentation and absolute
discretion are essential. Highly competitive salary and excellent
benefits.  Please send resume, cover letter and the contact information
for three references to [log in to unmask]

Geri Thomas
President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
212.779.7059 in New York; 312.650.5220 in Chicago.