From:
Janet Smoak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 14:56:14 -0600
The Utah State Historical Society has recieved a large collection (approx. 100
document boxes) of sheet music from a prominent local musician, band leader, and
promoter.  The music includes a variety of orchestration styles, single sheets,
arrangements, and original compositions by the donors and others; ranging dates
from 1850-1970. The donor of this material wants an appraisal and I agreed to
make a request for one in this forum and relay possible names.  The collection
has been inventoried and a copy of that inventory supplied to the donor.  Please
respond to me by means below if interested.  Or if anyone knows an appraiser who
might be interested please have them contact me or forward me their name, etc.

Thank you in advance,
Janet Smoak, Curator

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
s-mail:  Utah State Historical Society, 300 Rio Grande, Salt Lake City, Utah
84101-1182

Phone 801-533-3500