From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:32:23 +1200
*****   NEW SITE DESIGN *****
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Kanab palaeontologist does best work in his 'outdoor laboratory'
Researchers also have uncovered two new species of horned dinosaurs
(relatives of the well-known triceratops) and one new species of
tyrannosaurus - an older cousin of T. Rex

**  Dinosaur Sundays at the AMNH
These special Sunday workshops for families and kids present the latest
discoveries in palaeontology

**  Tracking Dinosaur Footprints in Yorkshire
Dinosaur footprints that were first recorded from the Middle Jurassic rocks
of the Yorkshire coast early last century have been shown to be more common
and diverse than was previously thought, thanks to the work of Dr Martin
Whyte and Dr Michael Romano

**  Cretaceous creations in Trenton
An acid etching technique that lets palaeontologists remove layers of
sediment and dirt from egg fossils to find out what dinosaur embryos were
really like is explained
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Other Fossil news: Swamp yields its secrets
A hoard of prehistoric fossils, the largest and most perfect ever unearthed
in Thailand, has whipped palaeontologists up to fever pitch

**  Feature Site: Liaoning Diorama
Long-extinct dinosaurs share the landscape with unusual plants, large
insects and unfamiliar mammals

**  Dinosaurs going vegetarian
The 120 million-year-old creature unearthed in east-central Utah appears to
be a therapod captured in time just after "it went vegetarian," said Dr.
John Foster, curator of palaeontology for the Museum of Western Colorado

**  Feature Dino Art Portfolio: Jordan Mallon
Inspired by the likes of Greg Paul, Mark Hallett, Michael Skrepnick, Douglas
Henderson, and Brian Franczak (among others), I've strived over the years to
improve upon my own artwork and to make it as true-to-life as possible.

**  Study supports dino museum
Good news for backers of a dinosaur museum in north-western Alberta

**  Access to the Bone Cellar
Building work connected with the refurbishment of parts of the permanent
exhibition in the museum means that the bone cellar which houses much of the
Tendaguru Dinosaur material, other dinosaur remains from Germany and large
bones from the fossil mammal collection, must be closed immediately and will
not be accessible until the start of 2006 at the earliest.

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History