From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:50:14 -0500
In a message dated 95-12-07 22:32:43 EST, [log in to unmask] (Ann
Stevenson) writes:

>I was recently involved in
>negotiations which resulted in the return of important ceremonial
>objects to a family.  The museum couldn't display them as they are
>private, sacred property.  However, these objects are extremely
>important to the family, representing a strong connection to their past.
>I sincerely believe that the goodwill generated by willingly returning
>them will serve us in ways yet to be seen.

Welcome to the discussion. It is examples like you state above that prove the
underlying merit of the concept of repatriation. In such cases, I am a
supporter. I guess I have just focused on the bad instead of the many
wonderful cases that have occurred :?)

- Adrienne