From:
Carole DeFord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 08:57:29 -0500
To Kathy and others that are interested in Campbell Center for Historic
Preservation Studies, their address is P.O.Box 66, Mount Carroll,
Illinois 61053.  They didn't have email the last time that I was there
but their phone is 815-244-1173.  They are in the Central time zone and
the office is open 9-5 M-F.

They do have a Archaeological & Ethnographic Collections Care
Curriculum which is a 2 week course in Materials, Examination & Documentation
session instructed by Cath Sease,Ruth Norton,Janice  Klein and Jane  Ketcham
scheduled for June
18-28.  The Envionmental Monitorng and Control session is Aug 20-24 with
Wendy Jessup then the Collections Management & Planning session with
Barbara Robert and Mary Lee is Aug. 26 - 30 this year.

If I may repeat myself, I suggest that this is a wonderful opportunity
for small to medium class museum personnel to "learn" their job or pick
up details that they hadn't been previously aware of.  All the sessions
are taught by  professionals that most of us never would get an
opportunity to spend this much time with.  The classes are small--about
15 students each so you get a lot of opportunity to bring forth anything
that you wish to get ideas about.

I'd be glad to answer any other questions that I can about this course.
Carole

--
Carole DeFord
[log in to unmask] (Carole S. DeFord)