From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:38:27 -0500
Christian-
I'm not sure that I understand what you want from us, but have you only
applied for one job that you  didn't receive?  If so, get over it.  No
matter how good your resume, you can't expect to get called back for an
interview every time.  If you've not gotten past the application point after
several tries than I think I would re-look at my resume.  Do I need to make
any changes?  Have I highlighted the best areas for the position that I'm
applying for?  Is my cover letter doing its job?  I would suggest that you
have someone within the history field look at your resume to see it they see
any potential problems.  And don't forget that without much experience you
may have problems getting into the door.  As discussed previously on this
list, any position usually has about 40 or more applicants.  With that being
the case, your education and training may not have been enough to get you
past the application process.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Good Luck.
Tracie