From:
Jamye Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:22:20 -0600
Our museum recently spent about $10,000 in February on new display cases
with vitrines, or plex bonnets.  We used a local company, River City
Fixtures, here in Oklahoma.  They work with large department stores across
the country with a wide variety of needs, and I'm sure that your location is
no problem for them.

Having custom built cases worked very, very well for us.  If your budget
allows, I highly recommend it.  We were able to match the new fixtures to
original 1930 fixtures in our building and design them to meet our somewhat
unique needs.  Although we are not a large museum, we viewed it as a very
good investment - and gave a bit of polish to our community image as well.

Please feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to share our plans, budget,
and contact information.

Jamye Landis, Director
Sand Springs Museum
(918) 246-2509