Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:28:33 +0200
+++ GALLERY MANAGER/SALES, NYC +++

For our renowned New York City gallery client we are currently
seeking a Gallery & Sales Manager.
The successful applicant WILL WORK closely with the director/owner
to manage the gallery and generate significant sales of contemporary
art.
Responsibilities include: liaising and assisting all artists; overseeing
all aspects of exhibition installation and art fair design; overseeing
inventory, packing, shipping and storage; managing the office,
updating the website and related operations.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years experience at an art
gallery or auction house in a similar capacity, extensive knowledge of
contemporary, 19th and 20th Century art, and a proven track record
in marketing and sales.  Excellent organizational, relationship-building
and multi-taking skills are required. An outgoing, highly social
personality and the ability to work in an intimate professional
environment are essential.
BA in Art History, MAC proficiency and knowledge of Photoshop and
other gallery software programs.
Salary 50K plus benefits and commission.
An excellent opportunity to work closely with a well-known and dynamic
gallerist with top-level artists and clients.
Please send resume with detailed cover letter and contact information
for at least three references to [log in to unmask]

Posted on 08/26/2008

+++ SOFA ART FAIR ASSISTANT, CHICAGO: IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT +++
For our distinguished gallery client we are seeking a gallery assistant
to work the SOFA Chicago Art Fair beginning November 6 through 9,
2008.
The ideal applicant will have prior gallery or art fair experience,
some knowledge of contemporary decorative arts and design,
and excellent communications, interpersonal and support skills.
Rates TBD.
A great way to introduce yourself to our new Chicago office.
Please send resume with detailed cover letter and at least
3 references to [log in to unmask]

Posted on 08/26/2008