From:
Deborah Watrous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:43:49 -0500
My apologies if I am sending this to the wrong list.  I'm new on this listserv.  What follows is a description of a position which we currently have open at the NHHC.  Thank you for spreading the word.

Debbie Watrous
Executive Director
New Hampshire Humanities Council
PO Box 2228
Concord, NH 03302-2228
telephone: (603) 224-4071
fax: (603) 224-4072
www.nhhc.org

NH Humanities Council Program Director
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

The New Hampshire Humanities Council, a statewide, independent non-profit affiliated with the NEH, seeks a Program Director who will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Council's public humanities programs.

Responsibilities:  The Program Director works with community and other organizations, and scholars to encourage the development of public humanities programs.  The Program Director conceives and leads the development and execution of Council-conducted programs working with scholars and in partnership with other organizations.

Qualifications:  Significant experience and creativity in the development, management, implementation, and evaluation of humanities programs; passion for the public humanities and their value in contemporary life; superior oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; advanced degree in the humanities required (Ph.D. preferred).  Familiarity with NH's cultural communities desirable.

Founded in 1974, the New Hampshire Humanities Council is now in its 30th year of "connecting people with ideas."  With a staff of eight and a statewide Board of 24, the Council funds and creates over 1,000 free public humanities programs annually in communities large and small.  The NHHC office is located in Concord, the state capitol.   More information on the NHHC and its programs can be found at www.nhhc.org.  Competitive salary, excellent benefits.

To apply, send letter and cv/resume  to:

Executive Director
NHHC
PO Box 2228
Concord, NH 03302-2228