From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:46:59 -0800
We're discussing Nixon on another list, and reference
was made to uniforms that were made for guards at the
White House during his regime.  According to my
contacts, the uniforms were only used for a short
while because they looked very regal and went over
with a thud.  Something about conical (and comedic)
hats and braiding.

I've queried the web and learned that a uniform was on
exhibit in a museum (as I recall, it was in Baltimore)
at one point but can find no photos.

If any of you have a picture of said uniform you could
share (post it on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseDocs if you like so
that others can see it if interested), I'd much
appreciate it.

Thanks.

Indigo Nights