From:
Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 17:22:41 -0400
>>The 1/24/94 Washington Post announced the opening of the NSA crypto
>>museum.  The Post said it had actually been open to the public for a

It gets better -- and connects to an earlier thread on MUSEUM-L on the
relative value of reproductions:  from today's Washington Post (25 January
1994, C3 (Style Section)):

     In an article on the front page of The Post yesterday, the National
     Security Agency museum was described as displaying the carved wooden
     U.S. seal that had been presented to Averell Harriman when he was
     ambassador in Moscow, and that turned out to have a microphone hidden
     inside it.  The State Department called yesterday to complain that the
     original seal actually hangs in the Diplomatic Security Service
     office, and that the NSA's version is a copy.  Responded Earl J.
     Coates, curator of the super-secret agency's museum: "That might be
     true.  We'll let them keep guessing.

Mario Rups