From:
Craig Melrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 14:05:09 +1000
On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, HNEEDHAM wrote:

> G'Day Craig!
>
> As far as I know, AWM is not on the web, nor do they seem to do much
> communicating these days via other means. I have sent several faxes to
> colleagues there, whom I'd visited in mid-November, but I'm not getting any
> replies.
>
> The AWM has been going through a lot of angst, these past two years, and it
> shows. Given all they've been through, I think it's understandable that things
> like developing a web site have not been high on the list of priorities.
>
> This notwithstanding, it is still very much a world-class museum, with a
> magnificent building and site, a superb collection and some very fine staff
> members - and one of the most interesting "discovery rooms" I've yet seen.
>
> I can give you some fax addresses and voice numbers, if that will help.
>

> Harry Needham
> Director, Programmes & Operations
> Canadian War Museum

Greetings Harry!

I would be mighty grateful if you would be so kind as to post fax numbers
to me. That would be very helpful. By the way, a George Bailey of the AWM
sent me a web site address, which is http://www.adfa.oz.au/~awm/   so you
could try that. I'm just about to give it a go. I plan to study some of
the exhibitions in the memorial for my doctorate, being on
representations of war in Australian museums.

As you work in a war museum, I was wondering what aspects of which wars
you might have recently been putting on display. Hey! Have you got a web
site at the Canadian War Musuem? Wouldn't mind having a look if you do.

Anyway, thank you for the offer of the fax addresses, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Craig