From:
Wade Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:33:11 -0400
I own a LinoScan 1400, and it is a superb flatbed scanner for graphic
designers, and print production houses. It is a professional unit with
excellent tonal range and color reproduction. The software, however, is
designed for graphics production professionals -- it can be confusing.
It is also quite slow, making it a questionable choice for your
project. The workflow forces you to create an overview scan, a preview
scan, and a final scan. Additionally, while there is a Photoshop
plug-in for the software, it is only for importing the scan from the
LinoColor software. All scanning is done in LinoColor, and only then
can you open the raw scan in Photoshop.

That said, I still love my LinoScan 1400. Good luck.
--
Wade Lawrence
Assistant Director, Drayton Hall

Join Friends of Drayton Hall for free admission, museum shop discounts,
Preservation magazine, and more — and you’ll help preserve America’s
finest Georgian-Palladian building. Join or renew online at
http://www.draytonhall.org/friends .