From:
Clarissa Fostel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:09:13 -0500
Hi Melissa,

Have you considered that requiring business professional dress would be
prohibitively expensive for interns? Most students operate on a
shoestring budget--heaven knows I did--and needing a business
professional wardrobe might be enough to compel them to pass up an
internship. Frankly, unless you're offering a very generous stipend, I
think it's putting too much of a financial burden on them.

Clarissa

Clarissa Fostel
Assistant Registrar
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
5401 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34243
941.358.4304
941.359.7716 (fax)

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/28 3:57 PM >>>
For those of you with interns, do you require a uniform or business
professional dress?
We currently have all of our interns wear a uniform that consists of a
polo and khakis but are considering changing to professional attire.
I'd like to know what issues have arisen for those of you who require
professional dress.  The uniform is certainly an easy way to go for
everyone, but does it teach students about dressing for the
professional
world?  And is the lesson worth it for the staff who have to monitor
the
interns' clothing?
Thanks.
Melissa Marietta

Melissa Marietta
Manager, Educational Leadership Programs
National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum
25 Main Street, Cooperstown, NY, 13326
607.547.0313 (p)
607.547.4094 (f)
Experience  http://www.baseballhalloffame.org
<http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/>  today , your online home for
everything Cooperstown:

* Participate in our  Hall of Fame Fantasy Camp;
* Shop in our  Online Museum Store  24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
* Receive Inside Pitch, our free E-Newsletter;
* and much more

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).