From:
Adam Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 08:58:05 -0400
Good morning,
I am wondering what your institutions' policy is on digital photography. At Kettering University Archives, we are having a lot of researchers request to take images of materials with their phones and we are concerned about digital copyright of the objects because we retain the copyright. Essentially, when taking photographs, we are wondering if this constitutes digitization on their part and if we should prohibit this practice.

Also, we are wondering what standards are for charges for copies. As of right now, we are charging 0.20 cents/copy of materials on regular printer paper and for digital copies, we charge $20.00 for the first image with $10.00 for any subsequent image for a one-time use.

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated,
Regards,
Adam Johnson

Archival Assistant
Kettering University