From:
JVAINTERP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:04:12 EST
                         The International Society for the
              Advancement of Interpretive Communications

                               CALL FOR PAPERS

        For ISAIC's First Annual International Interpretation
                  Conference and Interpretive University

                              March 6 - 10, 1999
                   Albuquerque, New Mexico  USA

ISAIC is pleased to invite interpreters, educators, researchers and management
from Museums, Zoos, Botanical Gardens, Historic Sites, Parks, Heritage Tourism
and Commercial Interpretation Sites, Government Agencies, and Commercial
Interpretive Service Providers, to share your ideas and successes with an
international audience of your peers.

We are especially interested in papers on:

 * Interpretive Research, Exhibit Research, Evaluation
    Research, Visitor Behavior Studies Research
 * Interpretive Operations Management, Marketing, and
    Advertising
 * Interpretive Operations financial management and fund
    raising.
 * Commercial Interpretive Attraction Development
 * Interpretation as part of Heritage and Eco Tourism
 * New Technology (use of the InterNet, Computer Use, New
    Electronics and Audio Visual Equipment, outdoor signage
    materials, etc.).
 * Innovative Interpretive Programs and Services
 * The use of Theatre/Art in Interpretive/Education Programs
 * Developing Partnerships and Volunteer/Docent Programs.
 * Developing Interpretive Services for diverse cultural and
    international audiences.
 * Other Interpretive Issues (Career Development, etc.).

Papers selected for presentation will appear in the official conference
proceedings as well as being listed in the ISAIC Web site.

If you are interested in presenting a paper please submit an abstract of about
100 words on the topic you wish to present.  Workshop sessions will be 45
minutes long.  Author guidelines, audio-visual equipment requests, etc. will
be sent to each
author after the paper selection process has been completed.

PAPER ABSTRACT DEADLINE:  1 SEPTEMBER 1998

Send your abstract to:  ISAIC 1999 Conference, PO Box 189, Laingsburg, MI
48848.

You may also E-Mail your abstract to us at: [log in to unmask]
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

We think that this conference will really be great, and we also have a super
line-up of international instructors for our
"Interpretive University" track as well.

As we are first building our mailing/contact list, you can
really help us get the word out by posting, passing along,
or sending this announcement out to other mail lists you
may be a part of.

Thanks so much,

John Veverka
Director