From:
Peter Holben Wehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 17:24:39 -0600
Mark K. Friedman [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Pagemaker 5.0 is probably more popular and easier to use than either Quark
>Express or Ventura Publisher. It is available for Windows, Mac and Power PC
>if you own that hot-rod.  I mean, you might want to when you see how slow
>these programs can be with large data files and lots of graphics embedded
>in them.

I would also endorse PageMaker 5.0 over Quark or Ventura.  Beside being
easier to use, although easier is a relative term, it is a more common
program when collaborating with designers, service bureaus, outside
editors, etc.  I also feel the PowerMac is an excellent platform for
PageMaker and is not nearly as expensive as many people think.  The AV
versions offer limited video excelleration and some useful imaging options
through the video in/out bus.  The voice recognition, while having very
little practical use is a lot of fun as well.

Peter Wehr

Michigan State University Museum

Peter Holben Wehr                      [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]

Michigan State University Museum    E.Lansing, MI 48824-1045, (517) 355-0368