From:
Virginia Dressler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 16:00:59 -0400
hello-
my own reasons for choosing to study in the uk instead of the states were
some of the following-
I felt the coursework was more progressive and the teaching style more
effective, as the class size is significantly smaller than that of the
states.
I wanted the chance to travel and live abroad while studying.
The program is shorter (and therefore cheaper) and more intensive than the
states. (The international fees (including board, tuition and airfare) at
Leeds were still less than the outrageous tuition at SCAD)
U.S. Citizens still qualify for U.S. Educational loans while studying
abroad.
Many of the UK programs did not have the language requirement of the states
(I had taken Spanish instead of the more traditional French or German)

Really, I think it's the perfect time to travel, and get to meet people
from all around the world who are doing the same thing!

Virginia Dressler
MA Art Gallery and Museum Studies, University of Leeds