From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:02:08 +1200
Global Museum dedicates this issue to our colleagues in America and to all
of those who are suffering as a result of the terrible tragedy of September
11th     http://www.globalmuseum.org

Director's note:  I hesitated at publishing the stories we had selected this
week (most selected prior to the events of the 11th).  It maybe however that
colleagues and subscribers would like to read news of other events, to take
their mind off the tragedy in Manhattan for a while, and so we have done so.
The stories are listed below.

**  University sets up condolence / forum site
**  Museum of German-Jewish History Opens in Berlin
**  Scientists want stolen dinosaur skeleton back
**  Buried Gold Rush-Era Ship Uncovered
**  Former Air Force One to go on public display
**  Giant wave hit ancient Scotland
**  Robbie Burns' exciseman career examined
**  English statues make comeback in India
**  Archaeologists Unveil Venice Lagoon's Hidden Galley
**  Museum helps breathe life into disappearing local arts and crafts
**  Bronze Age canoe bobs up in the Tay
**  12 architects in the running for ROM design
**  Aficionado brings pieces of Civil War to museum
**  Strange Site of the Week
**  Bishop Museum to pursue biology with new leader
**  Stone-Age tusk force
**  Campbell widow claims victory in Bluebird ownership dispute
**  Siberian tomb gives up warrior's golden hoard
**  Infamous Palm Beach County voting machine goes into museum
**  Ghost-hunting team says old prison is haunted
**  This Week's GLOBAL MUSEUM CAPTION CONTEST
**  The Australian Registrars Committee is hosting its 2001 Conference in
Melbourne, 8-9 October 2001
**  RAPs Marketing CSC New Early Learner Spaces December 7-9, 2001
**  Call For Papers: Society for American Archaeology Meeting, March 20-24,
2002 in Denver, Colorado
**  Public Forum on Children and Genocide
**  Access for All
**  Call For Papers   New Studies on Auguste Rodin.
**  Preservation Law: Historic Resources and Cultural Landscapes
**  Location Location Location!
**  The 1981 Hunger Strikes: America Reacts
**  Blighted Paradise: colonial visions of northern Australia
**  International Heritage Seminar: The Future of the Estrada de Ferro
Madeira Mamoré, Brazil

http://www.globalmuseum.org