From:
Helen Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 12:35:51 -0400
The computing department here customized dbaseIII for me to use to keep
track of the art collection records.  I've been using the system for
about 7 years now, and it does the job.  And it runs on an IBM-compatible
286 with no problem, although sorting and saving and backing up the
records to diskettes takes longer than it would on a 386.  At the
Association of College and Museum Galleries
mini-conference in May, the registrar at the Berman Museum at Ursinus
College demonstrated a recordkeeping system using dbaseIV that a talented
undergraduate created for them (he assisted with the presentation).  He has
now graduated and in
business for himself and is willing to do the same for other museums.
You couldn't run dbaseIV on a 286 though.

--Helen Glazer, Exhibitions Director, Goucher College, Baltimore, MD