From:
Lois Herr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:19:25 -0500
My husband is a printmaker and he uses felt that thick when he runs pieces through the press.  You might try an art supply store that carries printmaking supplies.

Lois J. Herr, Outreach Coordinator
Kansas State Historical Society
6425 SW Sixth Avenue
Topeka, Kansas 66615-1099
785.272.8681, ext. 251
FAX 785.272.8682

>>> "Richard S. White" <[log in to unmask]> 09/29/00 09:46AM >>>
Hi, folks.  Hope you can help with this:
I am looking for a felt like material in thickness of 1/4 to 3/8 inch,
preferaably both, but the 1/4 is critical.  I need the material for spacers
between the vertebrae in a skeleton of a dolphin I am mounting for one of
our exhibits.  I remember a material I used years ago, which was felt-like,
gray in overall color, and looked like it was made from pressed threads.
I've tried every other material I can get.  Urethane flexible foam is too
compressable, closed cell foam has no resiliancy (it just squishes perfectly
flat).  I have tried every fabric, arts and crafts and hardware supplier I
can find.  If you or any of your exhibits people know of such a material, I
should be eternally grateful to learn about it.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Richard White, Curator
International Wildlife Museum